Insurance and Privacy Information
Definitions of terms used within the policy
• ‘We’, ‘Us’ and ‘Our’ – Refers to DK-Schweizer UK Ltd
• ‘You’ and ‘Your’ – Refers to a client of DK-Schweizer UK Ltd
• ‘Personal Information’ – means any information that can be used to identify a member, contact or a visitor directly or indirectly.
• ‘Our website’ – means https://www.dkschweizer.co.uk/
Data we collect
We may collect and use the following personal information about you
• Your name and contact information, including email address, telephone number and company details
• Information about how you use our website (cookies)
• Your responses to promotions and newsletters
This personal information is required to provide products/services to you.
How your information is collected
We collect the majority of your personal information directly from you either-
• By telephone
• Text or email
• Via our website
• In person
How and why we use your personal data
Under the data protection law (GDPR), we can only use your personal information if we have a valid reason for doing so, e.g.:
• To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
• The data is necessary to fulfil contractual obligations, or to take steps before entering a contract;
• For our legitimate interests; or
• Where you have given consent
A legitimate interest is when we have a business or commercial reason to use your information, whichprovides a mutual benefit to both you and us.
Consent is given through an opt in/opt out service provided through mailing lists.
Updates about our products/services, including exclusive offers and promotions may be sent to you using your personal information. This may be sent by either email, text message, telephone or post.
We have a legitimate interest in processing your personal information for promotional purposes, this may be to provide a service/product. Therefore, this means we do not usually need your consent to send you promotional information. However, when consent is needed we will ask clearly.
You do always have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications. You can do this by;
• Using the ‘Unsubscribe’ link in emails, which is situated at the bottom of the bottom of the email
• Contacting us via our ‘Contact us’ page on our website.
Who we share your personal information with
We routinely share information with a third party that helps us to run our business, our marketing agency, MailChimp. Personal information is not shared for any other reason. We only allow our service providers to handle your personal information if we are satisfied they take appropriate measures to protect your personal data.
Where your personal information is held
Information may be held at our offices and those of our group companies, third party agencies.
How long your personal data is held
We will keep your personal information whilst you have an account with us or we are providing products and/or services to you, to comply with our legal obligations.
We will keep your personal information for as long as necessary, however when it is no longer necessary to retain your personal data, we will delete it.
• Access – Right to be provided with a copy of your personal information. However, in some instances we may need to ask for a proof of identity before doing so. This is due to confidentiality.
• Right to be forgotten – In conformity with Article 17 of the GDPR- we will delete personal information when consent is withdraw or information is no longer necessary
• Rectification, To Object.
For more information on any of your rights please visit https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protectio...
In a rare event of data breach, we will contact the UK supervising authority (Information Commissioner’s Office) and yourself in accordance with articles 33 and 34 of the GDPR.
This privacy notice was published on the 25th May 2018 and last updated on the 5th June 2018 . We may change this privacy notice from time to time- when we do we will inform you via our website